I’ve read the list and in reply I am going to post the top 5 that are true…at least from my experience.
– About half of our wardrobe consist of free t-shirts. – That’s true. Mostly t-shirts from radio stations we have worked for but also t-shirts from charity events and other promotions.
– Radio people get fired more often than any other industry. – True. Bad ratings, stations get sold, formats change. However, it’s the one occupation where getting fired doesn’t necessarily mean a bad thing.
– Radio people are just strange. – Yes !
– Radio people never look like we picture them. – True. We usually look bigger, smaller, fatter, thinner, older, and/or younger than you thought.
– Radio people have a high divorce rate. – True. We tend to move around a lot from market to market. But marriage’s of radio people are constantly tested by station groupies and other outside influences.
Those are just a few “strange” facts about radio people.
If you have any to add please feel free to e-mail them to me or post them in the COMMENTS section.